REAR Disc Brake Caliper & Master Cylinder Assembly - Coleman KT196
This Chinese rear brake assembly is the replacement part for the Coleman KT196 and Hisun GK200 go-karts. The assembly has the brake master cylinder, caliper, brake line hose and brake fluid reservoir.
Master Cylinder description:
- Mounting holes on master cylinder are 45mm [1.8"] center-to-center apart
- Adjustable length piston with clevis and pin
- Reservoir mounts on the top
- Hose to reservoir is about 188mm [7.5"] long
- Shipped with brake fluid in reservoir
- Reservoir has metal reinforced mounting hole on side
- Mounting holes are 65mm [2.5"] center to center apart
- Includes pads
- Includes bleeder screw
Hose is approximately 5.5' long. This is an OE assembly from Hisun.
SHOP NOTE: After changing the assembly, be sure to see if you need to bleed any air from the brake system to insure the caliper is working effectively.
- go kart
- item fit
Exact fit on KT 196 Go Cart. The original caliper was damaged because rotor was set too far away on the axle and that caused the brake pads to fall out of the caliper. I corrected this when I installed the VMC caliper by loosening the rotor retaining screw then I placed the caliper on the rotor. Next I mounted the caliper on the mounting holes. Finally I tightend the rotor retaining screw. After bleeding the system the brakes work great.
Good experience. I was notified at all steps throughout the process (order received, order shipped, tracking number). My item arrived quickly and was exactly as described.