Universal Wiring Harness or TEST Harness
Here is some information for a wiring solution to many electrical problems found in Chinese Engines. This is a test harness solution for repair shops to help diagnose electrical repairs.
Wiring setups for most Chinese Engines are pretty simple. This info in intended to help you test engine problems.
1. MOST stators use the same wire colors going to the same electrical components.
2. You do not need a 12 volt source or battery to make a Chinese Engine fire or run.
3. The most popular stators used in 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 100cc, 110cc, 125cc, and some 150cc Chinese Engines or Honda Copy Engines are our stator version 2, version 3, version 5, version 10, and version 17. See our stator collection for a match on your stator.
4. We have put together a simple wiring harness for repair shops to test engines with electrical problems such as NO-SPARK. This harness use our 5-Pin CDI (version 3), ignition coil (version 6), kill switch (version 11).
5. You should be able to successfully fire every engine with this painless wiring harness that uses the above STATOR MAGNETOS listed.
6. THE KEY-- The above Stator Magnetos are wired as follows: ALL use green wire as ground, So GREEN=GROUND, BLUE/WHITE=PICKUP COIL, BLACK/RED=CHARGING COIL.
7. Here is the harness wiring setup. White plastic plug - plugs right into our 5-pin CDI, Center wires plug into the above listed STATOR MAGNETOS, wire colors are BLUE/WHITE=PICKUP COIL, BLACK/RED=CHARGING COIL, and GREEN=GROUND. These wires will match the colors on listed stators. Moving onto the right side harness wires are: BLACK/YELLOW=IGNITION COIL + and GREEN with ring terminal is ground that is attached to mounting bolts of the Ignition coil. The remaining GREEN and BLACK/WHITE of course plug into the KILL SWITCH.
This painless wiring harness will FIRE engines that use the above stated stator magnetos. Repair shops can add this inexpensive diagnostic tool to help save time and save money. No meters or other test equipment needed.
There will be a yellow and/or white wire that is not used coming from the stators. These wires are the charging system that integrates with the voltage regulator for charging machines with batteries and lights.
There are several things that can cause NO-SPARK. Any of these parts can be bad: key switches, handlebar main switches, kickstand safety switches, kill switches, CDIs, ignition coils, stators, remote control kill boxes. This harness may help narrow down the testing and finding any of the parts that may be defective.
IF purchasing harness ONLY, make sure you know the parts you are using are good - CDIs, coils, stators, and kill switches.