Standard Drive Chain 428
Heavy Duty - Known as 428H
This ATV drive chain measurements are:
- 100 links
- Inner width roller: 7.94mm [5/16"]
- Chain Pitch [distance from pin to pin]: 12.70mm [1/2"]
- Roller diameter: 8.5mm [.335"]
Most ATVs use 100 link or less. Same as the 428 but with heavier side plates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This size chain is a very common chain for the kids atvs, dirt bikes etc. Measure your old chain to make sure correct chain is ordered.
- ALL Chinese ATVs use a standard numbered chain
- #420 chain used on ATVs usually with a 7 inch rear wheel or smaller
- #428 chain used on ATVs usually with a 8 inch rear wheel or larger
- #428H is sometime used on 110 Utility Class ATVs
- #530 chain is used on all Kazuma 110c, 150cc, 250cc
Some of the front drive sprockets will have numbers on them which identify exactly what chain number is used.
The #428 and #428H are interchangeable and will run on the same sprockets. The H means heavy duty and the chain has thicker heavier side plates.
Other sizes will not interchange with drive sprockets
The Kazuma ATVs under 110cc but including the Kazuma Viper Dirt Bike all use the #428 chain.
Some early day Redcat ATVs are actually Kazuma brand so they will use the Kazuma sizes above. HOWEVER, please measure your chain to insure you are ordering the correct chain size.
vmc is a good company to deal with. easy ordering and fast shipping.
Very good service quick delivery
I haven’t had a chance to install it so I’m unable to comment at this time
I'm amazed at how well made your parts are! I haven't had a chance to use it,because I'm waiting for a motor from another comp.