Standard Drive Chain 420
This ATV drive chain measurements are:
- 100 Links
- Roller width: 6.25mm [1/4"]
- Chain Pitch [distance from pin to pin]: 12.70mm [1/2"]
- Roller diameter: 7.77mm [.306"]
Most ATVs use 100 link or less.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Measure your old chain to make sure correct chain is ordered.
- ALL Chinese ATVs use a standard numbered chain
- #420 chain used on ATVs usually with a 7 inch rear wheel or smaller
- #428 chain used on ATVs usually with a 8 inch rear wheel or larger
- #428H is sometime used on 110 Utility Class ATVs
- #530 chain is used on all Kazuma 110c, 150cc, 250cc
Some of the front drive sprockets will have numbers on them which identify exactly what chain number is used.
The #428 and #428H are interchangeable and will run on the same sprockets. The H means heavy duty and the chain has thicker heavier side plates.
Other sizes will not interchange with drive sprockets
The Kazuma ATVs under 110cc but including the Kazuma Viper Dirt Bike all use the #428 chain.
Some early day Redcat ATVs are actually Kazuma brand so they will use the Kazuma sizes above. HOWEVER, please measure your chain to insure you are ordering the correct chain size.
Do you need your drive chain fast? If you order before 3:00 pm CST, Monday thru Friday, your order goes out the same day. Any orders placed after 3:00 pm on Friday or during the weekend, go out on Monday. Free shipping on orders in USA over $100. Order now!
Part came in fast and worked for what we needed it for
Ordering and shipping was great. I got it and realized I ordered the wrong part. I want to order the correct part but dont know how to figure out the correct chain that I need. It's a small link chain I need.
Will do buisnews with again